04 Apr 7 Solutions for Overly Sweaty Feet
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT BY CLICKING THE BUTTON:
Having overly sweaty feet can be a very discomforting and embarrassing to deal with. Fortunately, there are many ways to help reduce and even eliminate this unpleasant condition.
Here are some at-home remedies that can help reduce excessive foot sweat.
- Wear 100% cotton socks or socks made from natural materials. This will help your feet receive more air circulation. Polyester and Nylon fabrics can trap the sweat and make it worse.
- Wash your feet with antibacterial soap, then dry thoroughly after, making sure to get in between the toes. Fungi and bacteria can end up growing in those areas if you don’t dry completely.
- Dusting your feet with powder will reduce odor and absorb excessive sweating.
- Don’t wear the same shoes or socks consecutively. Change your socks regularly and keep wipes with you to clean them if you cannot wash them.
- Soak your feet in ½ cup of vinegar and 1 quart of water for about 15 mins to reduce perspiration.
- Avoid wearing plastic shoes. Wearing plastic will cause the feet to sweat.
- Lastly, let your feet breath and air out. Try wearing open toe sandals when you aren’t wearing shoes.
You can follow these home remedies to help reduce the sweating however for a more thorough resolution, you should consider Iontophoresis. Iontophoresis is a procedure that involves mild electrical currents that are sent through water and into the skin, “clogging up” the sweat glands. This process can get rid of this unpleasant condition for long-term results.
If you have any questions about Iontophoresis or excessive foot sweat, Cherrywood Footcare has the experience and expertise to help you.