03 Nov What Does My Ankle Pain Mean?
Experiencing pain in any part of your body can be especially troubling because while pain is uncomfortable, it is a sign that your brain is trying to tell you something.If you are feeling pain in a specific area, it’s best to visit a doctor who can accurately diagnose the cause of your pain. So, what does it mean when your ankle joint begins to hurt? Arthritis? Bursitis? A sprain? Call us at Cherrywood Foot Care for an appointment with a great podiatrist in Nassau County!
- Is a complicated extremity, comprising of 26 different bones.
- Has 33 joints.
- Is comprised of over 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Is connected to your leg via your ankle joint- the glue that helps in guiding your foot where it wants to go.
Anytime you have pain in a joint, it’s important to have the joint looked at by a specialist to get ahead of the problem.
- Pain on the outside of the ankle can occur after a sprained ankle.
- If you are an athlete- stick to using a brace instead of tape once you get back in the game. Braces are more effective at preventing an ankle sprain than taping.
- Multiple non-surgical treatments are available for ankle pain, including injections, bracing, medications, immobilization, and physical therapy.
- If you’re looking for a podiatrist in Nassau County, contact us here.
Pain in your ankle can mean a variety of things. Sometimes pain develops following an injury, other times it develops due to a new problem causing condition. Cherrywood Foot Care treats most of the conditions that are giving you ankle pain, including but not limited to:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle Sprain
- Xanthomas of the Achilles Tendon
- Chronic Lateral Ankle Pain
Experiencing significant pain in your ankle? Visit a podiatrist! Cherrywood Foot Care offers you a team of doctors with a plethora of services! If you’re looking for a podiatrist in Nassau County, visit our website for more information on how to make an appointment with one of our podiatrists today.