10 Apr What Are The Best Shoes For Painful Feet?
Having to manage pain stemming from your feet can lead to an array of unfortunate complications in your everyday life. While sometimes this pain can be caused by an underlying foot-related injury, other times, it can be a result of the shoes you choose to wear. At Cherrywood Foot Care, our team is well versed in the connection between shoes and your foot health. Our podiatrist would like to share information on what shoes you should be wearing to help avoid painful feet, and how we can help if foot pain becomes too debilitating to manage on your own.
Shoes And Foot Pain
When you’re in the market for a new pair of shoes, you can’t judge them solely based on looks and price. Before heading to the checkout counter, you must evaluate whether or not these shoes can potentially affect the health of your feet. Even shoes that you have worn for months without issue can quickly become a source of pain. All of the below factors regarding your shoes can lead to a potential stimulus of pain:
- Heels higher than two inches.
- Being extremely worn out.
- Pointed shoes with limited room in the toe box.
- Little to no arch or ankle support.
- Fitting too loosely or too tight.
Best Shoes For Painful Feet
Depending on your lifestyle, sometimes wearing pointed shoes or high heels is unavoidable. This can be the case for those of us who regularly attend formal events. When this is the case, wearing these shoes in moderation will help to avoid foot pain. However, passing on these types of shoes altogether can save you from experiencing pain and discomfort every time you’re on your feet. To help keep your feet as healthy as possible, try following the below advice:
- Find shoes with heels no higher than two inches.
- If you wear running shoes, replace them after being used for 350 – 400 miles.
- Opt for rounded dress shoes for your toes to have more room.
- Wear shoes that fit snuggly but not too tight to cut off circulation.
- Make sure your shoes offer flexibility, but not to the point where support is compromised.
How Cherrywood Foot Care Can Help
If changing the shoes you wear has not eliminated your pain, then it’s time to consider other options. Our podiatrists at Cherrywood Foot Care is well versed in foot-related ailments and they can utilize their knowledge to provide the treatment you need. When pain has become an everyday occurrence, the treatment options that we can provide may include:
- Creating custom orthotics.
- Electro shockwave therapy.
- Physical therapy.
- In extreme cases, surgery.
No More painful feet!
There is no need to spend every waking moment of the day filled with foot pain. By working with a team of experienced podiatrists, you’ll increase the chances of making a full recovery. Don’t hesitate to contact our team the moment you begin experiencing foot pain. We will walk you through potential changes in your footwear that you can make that may potentially limit your problem, or offer treatment to fully eliminate your pain if it has become a lingering issue.